PDA

View Full Version : The search for the almighty Musky

Big Luke
09-02-2009, 06:19 PM
hey guys im plannin on doin lots of Musky fishing this weekend. Probly lots in Moore Bay and around there. You guys are the experts so i was wondering if you had any tips, hints and some hot locations where i could try my luck. I have been out a few times this summer and I have only got to see a handful of muskies and havent landed one in the boat...YET! After reading that fishing report for September 1st I cannot wait to get on the water. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys

Dave B
09-09-2009, 08:05 AM
Big Luke -- Good luck. I've never been up there in mid September, but I would imagine the key would be finding good, clean cabbage at this time of year. I would probably be throwing a double bladed bucktail in the cowgirl category and a surface lure such as a Havana Jack or top raider if conditions are good, and would switch up to twitching a crankbait or a jerk bait (probably try a glider first) if the fish weren't hot. There are lots of spots in Moore to keep a guy busy for a weekend -- points, saddles and small pockets of cabbage is where I would spend my time. Good luck.

Big Luke
09-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the reply Dave and thats exactly what I did. I fished the cabbage with double bladed cowgirls, in particular the blue fox twin turbo. We saw about a dozen followers and I was lucky enough to land two of them in the boat. One was a 38" and the other a 41". it seemed like the fish were way more active first thing in the morning as well. That was when we saw most of them. The afternoons were slower and evening time is walleye time. Next time i will be trying in the evening to. Was the first time i got a musky for a couple years. Havent been fishin for em much but I saw so many of them this past weekend I will be getting out as much as I can this fall to get some more...and bigger ones lol.