PDA

View Full Version : 8/28 RFRG Fishing Report w/MuskieMatt

Muskie Matt
08-28-2009, 06:38 PM

Hey everyone... quick update from the Eagle River Chain...

The "green water" is upon us but lake bloom is no big deal in my opinion. Matter of fact I kind of prefer it. I just change up some colors and use baits with lots of vibration. I look at lake bloom like another type of structure and the fish use it. They're coming much closer to your boat now, without ever seeing them. Most all fish have been boatside hits since the green water appeared.

A good example is the attached photo of Paul Gertz with his first muskie. A beautiful 42 inch fatty that cracked a surface bait at boatside. An excellent experience that included the usual "colorful metaphors" and soiled pants... hahahahahaha. What a hoot for all of us! Paul and his dad, Tony, were fishing the annual Lake-Link Ice Jamboree last winter and won the half day fishing trip and nights lodging with RFRG and Wild Eagle Lodge. Great job Paul, fun fishing with you guys. Hope to see you again...

Sid Chigger
08-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Nice Fish!!!

Muskie Matt
08-29-2009, 05:12 AM
Hey Sid, ya it was a nice fat fish too. Awesome experience... had to ride him pretty hard about casting distance or more properly the timing of his cast. Once he had that... well, you see the result. We all had the "muskie shake" after this one, it went to the air and everything. Again, this is why I do what I do.