PDA

View Full Version : Geneva and Delavan Lakes Fishing Report

Fishing Thrills Guide Service
08-25-2009, 03:24 PM
Lake Delavan: Remains the better of the two lakes for both excellant numbers and sizes of gamefish. Really good numbers of bass, northern pike and a few walleyes are being cought off main lake points and in the scattered deep grass(16-18 FOW) Keep on the move till you find the schooled up fish will put alot more fish in the boat.
I've been catching most of my fish on splitshot/hook and medium suckers, crawlers, or leechs. I've also been catching some legel sized big bass while working a purple plastic worm or jig/pig thru those scattered weeds. I've been catching bluegills at times while they have been hard to keep off your hooks at times with alot 7-8 inch fish being caught and a many 8-9 inchers in (15-22 FOW) Lake Lawn to the Ash Pile, Willow Points have seen alot of fishing pressure the past week.

Lake Geneva: Has water temps. warming to 75 with the warming and fishing is picking up with it. Fair numbers of largemouth bass have been caught around shallow piers and in the scattered weeds (13-15 FOW)
Smallmouth bass are beginning to move shallower (16-18 FOW)from deep water with a few being caught. Enought where trips on this lake will be considered. Bluegills have been very scattered with slower than normal catches.