PDA

View Full Version : Not able to make it up. Any luck

Lucas lake
08-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Silverspring the record (dogfish) as far as I know is still out there to be had. I was hoping to get up there and chase it over the weekend but work had another ideal. Did anyone have any luck on Mohawksin this weekend. I was able to wet a line today down here in the harbor and hand 3 hook ups and landed 2. One was two big to keep ( somewhere between 23-25 lbs.), the one in the picture is 18lbs. If everything goes good at work I'll be up on Tuesday chasing the record and some eyes. Tight lines, I need to rest my arms and enjoy a couple of Blatz.

Lucas lake
08-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Forgot attachment

Silverspring
08-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Nice looking fish! What is it? I'm guessing salmon, but it could be a big rainbow, eh?
How long are you planning on staying in Tomahawk this time? I was hoping to get there this coming weekend to chase dogs. Maybe we could meet up and you could point out some of your brothers hotspots?

Lucas lake
08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Silverspring, I'll be up Tuesday afternoon. Send me a private message and I'll see about trying to get together. I know that on Tuesday evening I'll be chasing the record with by brother Kenny. He called me tonight and said he got 3 dogfish today, all on shrimp and all in shallow bays. One was over 10 lbs. If the weather stays good it should be good fishing. The fish in the picture was a Chinook Salmon, what a fight. It's first run was at least 150 yards. I'm bringing the fillets up to have them smoked by my buddy that smokes the bullheads. Hope to hook with you. Tight lines to all.