PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 8-11-09

Justin Mullins
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
What a spring it has been or should I say fall. Can't remember the last time it was this cool through the summer. With that said it has really charged the musky fishing. With all the rain last week and before the lake came up 2 feet and that pushed the fish right back into the creek arms again. The water temp cooled down to the mid 70's to upper 70's and they took off. Several fish were caught over the weekend. All the fish are super shallow coming on a variety of baits from 1 oz Meat and Potatoes to Cowgirls, to Bull Dawgs.

Dave O and I went out today and managed to get 1 35". Dave O got it on a small cowgirl. We raised 3 all together but only fished until 9:30. Most of the action has been from 9-12. After noon things slow way down until about 6 in the evening. The weather has warmed up some the last couple of days but it really has not hurt the water at all. This morning we had 77 in every spot. This should be good fishing for the next couple of weeks if things still stay hot but if it gets below normal anymore I would say fall fishing is here.

If you get out make sure you stop in we will be getting new baits and inventory in in the next couple of weeks.

FISHONAJ
08-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey Justin ~ not 15 minutes after you called Steve Barr on Caesar Creek Lake in Ohio last Wednesday i got this very respectable 40 incher. Thanks for wakin' the ski's up :D AJ

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/FISHONAJ/40inchCCmuskie.jpg

Justin Mullins
08-17-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm glad I could help you out... Great job very nice fish...

Get with Steve and see if you guys can do anything here.

Take care and see you soon..

FISHONAJ
08-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Get with Steve and see if you guys can do anything here.

10-4, we'll try and get down to see ya soon!