PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
08-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Monday greeted my client and I with overcast sky's and a light SW breeze, and along with that, a pretty good panfish bite. Doing just a half day trip, my client and I decided to spend some time working the outside edges of the coontail and also shallow and deep submerged stumps in search of jumbo perch and bluegills. Set up with slip bobbers and a small piece of crawler on a single light wire hook, we found many aggressive gills holding out by the coontail patches, lots of small ones, but some very nice ones as well. As for the jumbo perch, we vertical jigged 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with a small piece of crawler around the stumps and found some real beauties. We had our limits of nice hefty panfish and one bonus walleye in a little over 3 hours of fishing.

Back out on Thursday, will keep you posted.

BobS
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello all I'm looking for some quick tips on Bastine and Trude. I have fished the Chippewa Flowage for more years than I care to admit and have branched out in search for new waters. What color is the water, green, stained or clear? Where is the water level, up or down?

I prefer action over trophy hunts and Pike are really my favorite species. I enjoy casting spinnerbaits over weedbeds and through stumps so the TTF is my kind of meat. So if there is anything you can throw my way it will be appreciated. I'll find a report once back home. Thanks!