PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Fishing Report: August 1-8, 2009

Justin Gaudry
08-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Fish were active in general for the week after some strong winds on Saturday to start things off a little slow.

Walleyes were hitting on shoreline points in 18-20 feet of water, as well as on the reefs when the weather allowed them to be fished.

Muskies were nipping short and a little spooky, but there was A LOT of fish being seen, including some 50+ inch giants. Shoreline rocks or sand with cabbage were the two most reliable structural elements of the past week. The biggest muskie of the week by a guest was a 48" summer behemoth that you'll want to check out when I get the pictures posted on the website. It should be soon, I hope.

Big perch are still being caught and some crappies were picked up in Miles Bay as well.

The weather has turned sunny and (dare I say it) hot for the first time in a very long time. Hopefully we'll get a little warmer water temps for a week or two and see if that helps the muskie action.

The summer is winding down and already people reported much less boat traffic all over the lake on the weekend. It's a great time to sneak in a short trip. You have most of the lake to yourself and can enjoy quiet evenings looking over the bay.

Enjoy your week on the water, wherever you may be fishing.

Musky Old Man
08-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Justin get out there and tell them I am coming up and to get hungry.... Just 4 guys this trip leaving the Mrs. and home this time...