PDA

View Full Version : Mendota 08/06/09

rk_diver
08-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Found what appeared to be an ice shanty with the side scan earlier this summer. Dove on it Thursday afternoon. It's in 25 FOW and once I hit 18' I had to use my dive light to even see my gauges. I could only see small pieces of it because of the terrible clarity but there were some Rock Bass inside, along with some small Bluegills. One perch (little guy) was in the area, and one carp. Bottom temp was 71°F. Could see three holes in the bottom for fishing (it's laying on it's side) and found the lock on the door. It had other pieces coming off it with possibly a trailer tongue. It may be the one that a guy from the Beloit area lost some years ago. Other then that the area had rock and gravel areas and a firm bottom.

I've been asked to give seminars again at the Madison Fishing Expo in 2010. So rather then give out locations like this right now I'll be divulging them there. I want new and interesting things to talk about so I'm going to be a little stingy right now. The next dive will be in deep water, below the thermocline....Rick

eagles nest
08-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I wondered were that went...LOL