PDA

View Full Version : Update from Pete

Pete Stoltman
08-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Sorry I've been out of the loop for the past week and a half. I had to go down to Chicago as my dads health was failing and subsequently passed away. Was very gratified to get many well wishes from my fishing friends. Unfortunately I didn't have a computer to access and frankly was too darn busy for that anyhow.

So, now it's back to "normal" life and back on the water. As soon as I get a handle on what's happening in my neck of the woods I'll get a good report out. Hope everyone is enjoying these summer days and getting some quality fishing time in. Life's too short to spend time worrying about every little detail and getting yourself nuts about trivial matters. It's people that count and I'm very fortunate to have a ton of good people in my life. Hope to see all of you "on the water".

Muskie Matt
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
Best wishes to your family during this tough time and an RFRG salute to your Dad... good to have you back north buddy.

Jeremy Hopland
08-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Pete - I'm awful sorry to hear about your Dad, I know we spoke about him having some health issues back in June, but I had no idea the severity...
My family and I will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers - be sure the Lonestar Chapter cares!

Sid Chigger
08-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Our condolences from the Nashville Chapter, Pete..

The Chigs..

Musky_John
08-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Pete,
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Like the Title says peace, prayers and blessings.

Mark Benson
08-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Pete:

Again God Speed to you and your family with your fathers passing!!! Great to hear your back and starting the healing process!!!

Mark

Rollins-21
08-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Pete,
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Our condolences and prayers to you and your family. Glad you are back at it.

Tim Brim
08-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Pete,

Sorry for your loss, God bless

Tim

muskyorbust
08-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Sorry to hear about your father, may he rest in peace. Headed up to your area sunday aug 9th for a week to see if the muskies will cooperate as well as they did on petenwell. What are your hours next week at Rollies I will be sure to stop in. Thanks again for helping me find the bucktails I needed last month they work. Hope you had luck with yours you bought the last one in stock. Thanks again.

jri703
08-08-2009, 02:39 AM
Pete

Sorry for your Dad, God Bless

Jon & Jean

Pete Stoltman
08-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the kind words and your thoughts and prayers. My dad was truly a kind soul and lived with a spirit of compassion for his fellow man. He lived a good life for most of his time after surviving 6 invasion landings during his time in the Navy in WWII. He was a pharmacist by profession and really cared a lot about people. Interestingly he was NOT a fisherman! He always encouraged me in whatever I did in life and in later years always carried a stack of my business cards and passed them on to folks he knew who were fishing "up north". I will miss him as I miss my mom who passed on 15 years ago but I am at peace with the knowledge that he had a pretty darn good and meaningful life for his 87 years on this planet. You know, we are losing folks from the "Great Generation" at an alarming rate. Be sure to cherish those we still have among us and give them a kind word or two. It means a lot to them.

Again thanks to all who have expressed condolences. It means a lot to me and my family.

Jim L
08-11-2009, 05:35 AM
Pete,
My condolences to you and your family on your father's passing. Rest assured he is in a better place.

BTW, Saw you in Boulder on drums around the 4th. You certainly are a jack of all trades.

Jim L