PDA

View Full Version : Normalcy

dpear
08-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Norm=not normal.Things like this I understand.On the other hand,I finally have to ask if certain things are normal.
In past periods of global warming did someone heading out at dawn on August 4th have to wear longies,hooded sweatshirt,st cap,gloves and rain gear to keep warm?
When they arrived at their first spot were they faced with water temps of 63.8?
Did they notice some leaves appeared to be changing color?
Is all this why 'global warming' has now become 'climate change'?
As usual I'm confused.:confused:

Tim Kelly
08-04-2009, 04:13 PM
Used to be acid rain that was going to kill us all in our beds.....

Ed Spoerl
08-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Radio Station out of Kenora said this was the coldest July in 17 years. Ear Falls ave temp in July was 14.5 C or 58.1 F. That would explain the need for gloves.

Frank Walsh
08-05-2009, 07:17 AM
I know what you guys mean. Pretty tough fishing with hard nipples.
Makes for funny pictures, unless you revert to a horizontal hold.
Note Andrew's picture.

I rest my case.

dpear
08-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Never saw water temps over 65 anywhere today.Ice fishing isn't that far away.:(

kdc
08-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Glad I read this before packing...

Guess I need a bigger suitcase.

dpear
08-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Ken,
Yeh think the packing over.Bobbers and bibs maybe?First stop this morning showed 58.9 degrees.Sun and calm though so should warm up a bit.
Fish still don't know they shouldn't bite however.Got another 50 this morning.:)

AndrewH
08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Hey Dick leave some for the rest of us. Hopefully SHORTY (steve):D gets one before he goes. It was nice to meet you Steve, don't worry about it everyone is SHORT compared to me. Looks like the boat is going to be ready for this weekend. Can't wait to get back out there.

P.S. Frank and Dick told me to call you SHORTY. LOL

Sully
08-06-2009, 06:57 PM
My experience is confusing is a normal state with many...one specifically...:D

Sully
08-06-2009, 07:01 PM
sorry "confusion" not confusing... I was confused

dpear
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
No argument here,you're confused.

Muskie Junkie
08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Andrew, it was also nice to meet you. Shorty does not bother me. Besides, Frank always adjusts things at the Baystore to accomodate my lack of heighth. Did not get that 50, DP was hording all of those. Did get a nice 47, which was a lot of fun. You do have that height thing figured out, something I have not been able to master. I just look at it this way, I am always closer to the water so I can get deeper figure 8's and even the 30 inchers look big when I am holding them!! :D
Now I am trying to figure out a way to visit the Baystore next year again for (2) Weeks. A few things I learned, never get stuck on one style of bait, adjust to structure quicker based on weather, and that there is a great group of people that visit the Baystore besides the Flatlanders. It was great to meet all the other folks who were in camp that week.

Steve

dpear
08-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Steve,
You two did well in tough times.9-10 muskies in a week for a couple is never bad-particularly considering the 'short' days.
I also acknowledge that you take all the ribbing well and stand tall in that respect-I for one,never intend to get 'short' with you.
Hope you can work out a 2 week return next year-just please leave Sully home.
Take care!
PS I really don't mind being labeled a 'hog horder'.
A friend.

Sully
08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Not happenin DP! I will be there next July and will be sure to keep my arrival dates a secret to keep your scheduling at bay. HA HA HA HA HA! he he he he! I....like it!

Nice job team hareball!