PDA

View Full Version : Here Kitty....Kitty.....Kitty.

Frank Walsh
07-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Usually all the photos we get from Dan Memory are of big fish, but here's a small kitten he and Craig Timko encountered swimming.

dpear
07-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Wow,now that is cool!And,beyond rare.I've seen exactly one Lynx in all my years of boating/tramping the hinterlands.THANKS Dan!!!!

musky7600
08-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi all i am new to posting on this site but have visited it quite often.I have been to paradise[baystorecamp] twice in the last for or five years,and miss it more every time i visit this site. Wow that is so cool .The closest thing to that ive seen was a big ten point buck swimming across the illinois river.What a cool exp.that was. I hope to be able to make it up for the third time in mid too end of august.Just sent in for passport a week ago ,so if it is meant too be it will get here in time. How did musky operation go this year.Its awsome so many of you are doing this for these REAL HEROS. Hope to see you soon Frank and Laura. :)

Frank Walsh
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Try your call on this one.....

musky7600
08-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Thats one thing i hope to see whenever it is that i can come up again.Ive never seen a bear in the wild.Id say your the luckiest guy in the world frank.Just that you work too hard too call it luck.You are truly living in the most beautiful pure place ive ever been.Please keep posting the wildlife pics,and glad to see so many of us see baystore isnt just about the musky fishing. :)

Frank Walsh
08-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Dan Memory of Vernon Hills, Ill., photographed this Canadian lynx he
spotted recently while fishing the Northwest Angle area of Lake of the
Woods. Here is Memory’s account of the sighting:
“We pulled into a fishing spot, and I noticed the cat on an island about 60-70 yards
away. I started toward the cat with the bow mount trolling motor, and it did not run
or retreat into the woods. It walked around the perimeter of the small island while I
took several pictures. We followed the cat around the island snapping pics and
continued to get closer to the cat. He finally made his way to the rocks on the
water’s edge when my camera indicated that my memory card was full. At this
point, we were about 50 feet from the cat. I couldn’t believe the terrible timing. We
watched him for 10-15 seconds more, at which point he moved into the trees. We
chalked it up to Murphy’s Law and went back to fishing. But before I made my next
cast, I deleted a bunch of photos on the memory card. We fished for about 10
more minutes when I looked out to open water and noticed the cat swimming
between two islands. We stopped fishing and motored toward the cat. We got fairly
close with the gas motor, then switched back to the bow mount. The cat was such
a strong swimmer that he was out-swimming us with an 80-pound-thrust motor on
full power. I took several photos of the cat swimming and one last picture as it was
climbing onto a rock while getting out of the water. The closest we got was about
15 feet when it was swimming.