PDA

View Full Version : Abu Garcia Revo Review

Kevin Cochran
07-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I can honestly say that I am finally happy with an Abu Garcia product. The new Revo reels in the 60 size have been working flawlessly. I have smaller hands and they fit into my palm easily. I have noticed that I do not get as fatigued as I used to after fishing all day. I attribute this to the low-profile of the reel.

I have been using these reels day in and day out since opener. So far I haven't had any problems with them. I have been twitching crankbaits, ripping magnum bulldawgs and throwing pounders without a hic-cup. I recommend keeping them oiled and clean like any reel.

If you are interested in purchasing a musky reel take a serious look at the new Abu Garcia Revo Toro in the 60 size and if you like to palm your reel you will love them.

MuskyPimp
07-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Kevin-
Thanks for the good review. If those things can handle your abuse on a daily basis, then they are worth the money.

I got mine in three days from http://www.lg-outdoors.com/ for $233 shipped!

There is also a coupon for free sunglasses that can be found here if you purchase soon:

http://www.abugarcia.com/media/File/09385409Abu_WileyXcoupon.pdf

See you in a few weeks for three days of fishing!

Jon

Kevin Cochran
07-27-2009, 06:10 PM
There is a slower gear ratio coming out this fall sometime. I believe that it is 4.3 to 1. This will be a great reel for slow rolling blades at night.

bnelson
07-28-2009, 03:52 PM
good to know K Fed..after my TE went down for the 2nd summer in a row on a trip to Minny I ordered a Revo today and sent the TE back to Shimano ...hopefully I get that back within a few weeks....stupid TE's...

Ernie
12-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Hear anything on the slower geared version? Havent seen anything on their website yet.

Thanks,

Kevin Cochran
12-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Ern,
You might want to try to give Thorne's a call. 763-572-3782
They should have them. Mine are being repaired right now. They didn't last an entire season but they sure tried. I am impressed by the service that I received from Abu though.