PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to St. Clair lately?

Brent Spence
07-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Thinking of making the trip to St. Clair this weekend with my dad. (since he got the boot from the Ontario GM plant he has some free time) Just wondering if anyone was doing any good up there? Probably going to do some bass fishing as well.

Them Muskie Lures
07-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I will be heading up Wednesday, Thursday and Friday casting the channels and anchor bay. I will provide a report when I get back.

Thanks,
Greg

maurice
07-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Just got back form a day and a half. Mark Pauling fished with me in my boat, we got several subs, coulple of small legals and a Saturday morning we got a 44,441/2, 46 1/2, and a 49 ". Been a very cold July, lots of wind and the water color is off. But their is still a lot of big fish in the lake. Fish were east of the hump down to the ruskom in 16 and 17 feet of water. Best baits have been brown colors with the murky water, did have a new Muskie Train cedar perch bait go twice but did not get either. Those new Muskie train mx6 have been catching a lot of fish, straight bait with great action. Did get a big catfish on a slider , Mark was laughing so hard we got it up to the boat, we booth thought is was a muskie till we saw it .

Brent Spence
07-27-2009, 03:24 PM
We fish friday afternoon to sunday @ about 11am when the wind blew us off the lake. We mostly fished bass but we did manage a 30" and one real small one we didnt measure. We caught 5 bass over 19" and lost several more in that range. We did have a 50+ size up a 15" smallie. I dont think he could've eaten it but he wouldn't have done him too many favors either. I tossed a grandma at her real quick but she swam off. Neat trip!

Heck of a day there Maurice!

Them Muskie Lures
08-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Went to St. Clair on Wednesday - Friday this past week. We boated 6 muskies, 16 pike and 2 bass. We casted the channels on Wednesday until the poker run through the channel with about 50 boats blew past us. Needless to say the channel was torn up. We moved out near the firecracker and trolled the shipping channel. Got a nice 43" on a shad bait I made one buoy north of the St. Clair light.

Thursday again was a lot of boat traffic, but we managed to catch several pike in the morning and then in the early evening, finally found a channel with a no wake zone and the first cast I got a really nice 45" on a bucktail that hit boatside. It was an awesome strike. After releasing the fish, the very next cast I raised a 40" class fish as well.

Friday saw my boat partner get a 36" on the first cast off of Brandenberg. He had another 34-35" fish on that he lost at the boat, boated a 27" and had 3 other follows, all in about 30 minutes. I also got a small muskie trolling a G Shad again between the Salt River and Brandenberg.

All in all a good trip. We were limited to fishing the main lake due to a 14ft boat with a 15hp motor, but the weather cooperated to get out on the main lake for a while.
Thanks,
Greg