PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Summer Fishing 7/20/2009

Mike Allen
07-20-2009, 08:53 PM
Fishing has been excellent. In our minds this has been one of the best summers on record. Our numbers are holding steady along with the size of the fish. The guides are catching 80 - 150 plus fish per day. Our size has been running from 14 - 18 inch fish. We are fishing the whole southern third of the reservoir, Lower Brule to Iron Nation. Where we fish has been depending on the weather. We have been fishing from 15 - 30 feet of water.

Lake Francis Case has been good to excellent. The fish are being caught from Kiowa to the Dam. Nightcrawlers have been best on both lakes.

Here is my weekends fishing report. On Thursday and Friday I fished with 2 guys from Lincoln and Scottsbluff, NE. On day 1 we fished the West Bend area. We caught 110 fish. Outstanding walleye production. On day 2 we fished the Grain Bens, caught some fish there on Thurs. We caught over 150 fish on this day. Again excellent fishing. Ted has never caught this many fish in a 2 day span. On Sat and Sun my group was from Pleasantville, IA. On day 1 we fished the grain bens to Lower Brule and caught 120 fish. On Sunday we fished the West Bend area and caught 200 fish. You could not keep the poles in the water, the action was so hot. The 2 kids, Mark and Mike, will have a trip to remember. Today I fished with a grandfather and grandson from Nickerson, NE. We caught 100 fish and quit fishing at 12:30 p.m. We fished the West Bend area.

I have fished with the grandfather and greatgrandfather from NE since 1987. We all miss Phil, greatgrandfather, and his stories. Started fishing in a 16 foot lund with a 50 merc. Boy have times changed.

Mike Allen