PDA

View Full Version : First two weeks of August

Captain Rick Bentley
07-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Spring has turned to (a cool!) summer and we are catching the big Chinook (King) Salmon with greater and more regular frequency. The first hour of Saturday morning's trip on the 18th saw us hook-up and catch four big Chinook. The first three of these fish were 11-12lbs each while the fourth was the real topper at 20lb6oz! The rest of the morning's trip turned to a Coho Salmon bite with some of them weighing in at 7-8lbs. We caught a total of 12 fish that morning and that 20lb Chinook is the biggest fish we have caught this season so far. I have a feeling this could be a 'Big Fish' summer season!

On several other recent trips on the water, we caught a number of 14lb & 15lb Chinook that are pictured as well with one of those fish winning the 'money pot' for my crew for the biggest fish as part of a 3-boat bachelor party group. Another recent trip had us catch nine fish with three of those being big Lake Trout that weighed in at 13lbs each.

What is making the early part of this summer's season particularly impressive is that in addition to the big Chinook and Lake Trout we are catching, we are still hooking into an impressive number of Coho Salmon that now reaching 7-10lbs. Some Steelhead (Rainbow Trout) are also being caught in decent numbers too.

My 2-person weekday special for $125 each remains in effect and I am also introducing a 3-hour Twilight Fishing Expedition special for $300 for up to 6 people as well. These trips depart the dock at 5pm, return at 8pm and are available on most weekdays. For the remainder of July, you can also bring up to a 6-person group on any Monday through Thursday for $350 total. There are spots open for all of these specials in the next two weeks and I also have this Saturday, July 25th open for any interested parties.

August is quickly approaching as well and the weekend slots are filling in. Some Saturday slots are still open such as the mornings of Saturday, August 1st and the 8th but there is a little better availability on Sundays and weekdays at the moment.