PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
07-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Spent Tuesday morning out on the flowage with my son and had a great time, not a whole lot of fishing was done by us as we were pretty much just out joy riding and taking in the beauty, a little something for him to remember during his remaining months that he has left to serve in Afhganistan. We did manage to get a few decent eyes along with 1 nice smallie on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with Berkley Gulp (3" Crazy Legs), the fish all came out of 8 feet of water over submerged stumps. Yesterdays weather really had the walleyes shut down for the most part. Clear sky's along with a light and variable breeze that never stopped switching directions made for a long day. Spent the entire morning hours working just about every type of structure and depths with only 1 decent eye along with several nice smallies to show for it. It wasn't till late afternoon that we ran into some real good action. My client who was throwing a small double jointed crankbait, and me with my Reeves jigs tipped with either a half crawler or jumbo leech boated 4 real nice eyes and lost a few others in 4 feet of water over scattered rock piles on an underwater ledge.

Back out on Saturday, will keep you posted.

P.S. Thanks to all for your kind words and prayers not only for my son, but for all of our military serving and fighting to protect our freedom, may God bless you.