PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report July 8th

Jratthelake
07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Other than a small lull in the action yesterday, due to cold front conditions and east winds, the Walleye bite continues. From the rock reefs to the weedlines guests are finding fish. Jig and twister combo, perferably white, and live bait for the deeper fish is the ticket.

Musky fishing has been exciting the past couple of days with a couple of hook-ups, a few really nice follows and a 36" fish caught. I have been fishing with a newcomber to Musky fishing and have possibly created another monster. On our first night out we caught the 36 inch fish and 3 casts later had a much larger fish, an upper 40 class fish, follow a spinnerbait aggressivly for about 30 seconds before veering off into the depths. This afternoon we saw 2 fish and one more this evening, definitly an increase in activity the past few days. Again topwater has seen plenty of action.

Janelle R. McFarland
07-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Wayne,

Glad to hear that the musky action is picking up. Please post some pics if you get them. And I'm sure you have created another monster- there's no way not to once you've seen one of those beauties! Happy fishing, Janelle

zbukaty33
07-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Wayne, It's Zac. I would have to agree that the fishing was well the few days i was up. Best trip so far!! Especially since you took me muskie huntin'. You wouldn't possibly be talking about me when you think you may have created another monster would you?? Because I am definitely hooked!! I can't wait to go back up with my own rig and maybe we could get dad into the 'skie side of fishin'. ;) Thanks for making our trip one to remember!

Cheers,
Zac

Jratthelake
07-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Zac, it was my pleasure to take you out Musky Fishing, and in fact I was talking about you. Lookin forward to next year and good to see you and your Dad on Bounty Fishing.