PDA

View Full Version : July 3rd and 4th

Mark Steinert
07-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Drenda and I took a friend of ours and put in at Alum Friday afternoon. We fished till 10:30 p.m. We went 3 for 4. The one that I lost I could not turn. It ended up taking 100 feet of line and stopped, then one big head jerk and ripped the lure out of it's mouth. It sure felt nice though. Drenda went home and Dan and I stayed on the boat. For a 55 year old man He can sure put them away if you Know what I mean. Just a hint. If you stay on a boat. Try and stay close to a restroom. When I woke up At 5 a.m. I needed a bathroom and newspaper in a really bad way. I pulled anchors and started the engine And was going full throttle to the marina. Dan woke up and had no idea what was going on. I went through the no wake zone way to fast. Noone was there so I wasn't worried. I hit the dock running. Well, not really running.My body wasn't allowing me to chance that, But I was walking as fast as I could. I made it!!!!!!!!! Which brings me to the next hint. If your friend offers you some hot peppers for your sandwich and you usually don't eat them SAY NO! You will pay for it the next day. Well, after finally getting back on the water We had another good day. Drenda came back and we went 8 for 8. With a nice 44. Dan kept Trying to catch saugeye in the prop wash. I just didn't have the heart to tell him he was wasting his time. He was proud to have his grandfathers rod and reel. He did catch 2 striped bass though. All in all it was the best 2 days for me on Alum. We really had a good time. I'm working on Dan to join our club.
Mark And Drenda