PDA

View Full Version : trude lake

timk
07-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Hello .. I am going up to the TTF mid July ... I will be staying near Lake of Falls area but on the TTF and I was wondering if access to Trude Lake and Merkle Lake area is present . It has been a few years .. but access to Trude Lake used to be by a Culvert Pipe ( I went about half way in .. I remember that the pipe points downward towards Trude Lake .. I got stuck !! ) . ANd I believe the bridge to Merkle lake was rebuilt . Thanks .. and good luck fishing .

sbarick
07-05-2009, 11:24 AM
yeah, the merkle lake bridge is new and improved, real nice, even smells new. might be able to keep the seats up while passing under!

gdi
07-05-2009, 05:20 PM
is it any wider and less rocks there?

gdi

sbarick
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
dont think it is wider by much but a little deeper and more head room

ski2313
07-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Much nicer.. didn't even have to duck!

AnglerAl
07-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Anyone know about how deep it is under the bridge now? Wondering if we can make it this year.

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
07-10-2009, 05:49 PM
We hope to try it with the pontoon tomorrow. With the Flowage 2 feet below pool, it will be interesting. I will let you know on Monday. Scott www.flambeauvista.com

AnglerAl
07-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Good luck! :)

I know my boat drafts 6" on full plane, but no idea what it is at a turtle's pace.

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
07-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Our Schedule did not permit us to try the bridge passage way. Hopefully next weekend. Scott www.flambeauvista.com

Tom502
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Had some visitors here over the weekend who took a 17' Lund with 115 hp motor under the Merkle Bridge.

They did have the motor trimmed up, and moved a couple of people toward the bow of the boat, but they got thru without any problems.

Tight Lines,

Tom502

AnglerAl
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Thanks! Sounds like it'll work, albeit, with some of our own weight distribution as well. :)

fishrman
07-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Much nicer.. didn't even have to duck!
Holy Cow!! That is very cool!! No more taking my pedestal seats down to get through! Yipppeeeee!

gdi
07-24-2009, 08:06 AM
The new bridge may be great for the truck traffic but the boats give me the old bridge.

Went through it last week with the water as low as it was it wasn't that great. There are 2 big rocks/small boulders in the water just off center of the path. If you don't watch you could hit them.

For all the money thats was spent on the bridge you think they would have done a better job. It would have been very easy to make it wider and easier to go through at the time of construction. As far as depth no change the water level will be that factor. It almost seemed that it wasn't as deep under the bridge do to sand filling in the hole that was there.

Maybe someone will take the time to clear the path way once the water gets lower.

I think too that some type of sides like the old bridge had made it easier to get through. If the boat swings now your into rocks befoer you bumped some old wood.

Just my 2 cents.

gdi

wibowhunter03
07-26-2009, 07:21 PM
its very shallow right now esp. keep the motor up and hope you dont have a bad wind