PDA

View Full Version : End of June Fishing Report 6/29/2009

Mike Allen
06-29-2009, 05:52 AM
We had another excellent week of fishing. Most days our guide boats were filled by 11:00 a.m. We are catching 100-200 fish per day last week. Some of the best walleye fishing that we have seen.

We are fishing mostly from South of West Bend to Iron Nation. Fishing from 12 - 25 feet of water. There are also some boats staying at the Hillside that have caught limits at Elm Creek and around the Big Bend Dam.

Here is my weekend report. On Friday and Sat I had a group that was from Plymouth, MN and Sioux Falls, SD. (5 people on Fri and 4 on Sat) On Friday we fished the West Bend area and had our limits by 11:00 a.m., 20 fish. We ended up catching 160 fish on that day, quit fishing at 1:30p.m. The boys, Luke and Grant (around 12yrs old), caught most of the fish. On Sat the keeper bite was a little tougher. Fished across from Iron Nation and filled at 1:45p.m., 16 fish. We caught 130 fish on that day. On Sunday my group was from Rapid City, SD (4 people). We fished the West bend area. We only had 4 keepers at 11:00 a.m., but found the fish and had our limit by 1:30 p.m. Carol caught a 25 inch walleye. We did not count fish, but estimated it at 100 - 120 fish.

On a Side Note, on Sat our service had 9 boats out and all had caught their limits, scattered from Iron Nation to West Bend. An excellent walleye fishing weekend.

Look forward to seeing you
Mike Allen